The Town Center Books store was founded by Kevin and Yvonne Greenlee in 1993 and purchased by Judy Wheeler in 1998. In 1920 the building was a French Laundry, in the 1940’s the American Laundry.
We are open 7 days and 6 nights a week, and have plenty of parking behind the store. Your special orders are filled quickly – we place orders every day and receive most titles the following day.
You're welcome to come in for a friendly chat about books you’ve enjoyed, our book clubs, or special events. Each month we have a full calendar of book related events, including a guest author at our Read It and Eat luncheon series.
At Towne Center Books we're:
- Selling the book at a discount
- Selling tickets for Movie Nights and Speakeasy Parties
- Having a book discussions, classes and seminars with authors and illustrators. Author-illustrators present their newest book to school classes. We can get their books autographed for you.
We’ll work with you to arrange speakers for your schools and business meetings, and can help with corporate gifts and school purchase orders. We also sponsor class field trips to Towne Center Books.
Bookclubs at Towne Center Books. There are numerous book groups to choose, and they are all free and open to the public; all you have to do is read the book, then come down and join in the discussion. All Book Groups meet at Towne Center Books:
- Towne Center Book Club for Adults
- Towne Center Non-Fiction Bookclub
- A Course in Miracles.
- Great Books Discussion. All of the discussions are from the The Adult Great Books Reading and Discussion Program, Fifth Series published by the Great Books Foundation.
- Times Bookclub. The Times Bookclub is facilitated by columnist Lynn Carey.
Maisy the most famous Mouse visited Towne Center Books recently and had a marvelous time! Lucy Cousins, the creator or Maisy, is one of today's most acclaimed author-illustrators of children's books. Lucy Cousins, the creator or Maisy, is one of today's most acclaimed author-illustrators of children's books. Her unique titles instantly engage babies, toddlers, and preschoolers with their childlike simplicity and crayon-bright colors. And the winsome exploits of characters like Maisy – star of her own animated television program on Nick Jr. – reflect the adventures that young children have every day. Lucy Cousins now has more than 4 million books in print, from cloth and picture books to irresistible pull-the-tab and lift-the-flap books to Maisy's Pop-Up Playhouse.